Congratulations! UCSF is now Baby Friendly
What is the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI)?
Baby Friendly Health Initiative (BFHI) is an international health initiative for hospitals to implement evidence-based care to improve breastfeeding statistics and rates and achieve breastfeeding equity.
UCSF is implementing these strategies in order to support our patients’ health and success in feeding their baby as part of the Baby Friendly Hospital Designation!
How we support you for successful breastfeeding. Review the Baby Friendly Designation 10 Steps.
Baby Friendly Goals
Promote the highest standard of infant feeding--human milk
Reduce disparities in Healthcare through:
- Educated decision making
- Hands-on help from the beginning
Rooming in with baby
Getting to know your baby, bonding, skin to skin, reading feeding cues
Individualized feeding plan that depends on your needs
Making informed decisions
Ask us! We're here to help you
UCSF (BFHI) Resources available to you
- Trimester based breastfeeding information and UCSF EMMI Videos
- UCSF Promotes Baby Friendly Practices-Questionnaire
- Patients participation Audit Invitation-Join us
- UCSF Feeding Practices
- Breastfeeding or Formula Info sheet
- Infant Feeding-UCSF Policy for BFHI