UCSF Obstetrics: Prenatal & Postpartum Guidebooks
Thank you for choosing UCSF Women’s Health Obstetrics for your care. It’s an exciting time and we are pleased to be able to partner with you on your path towards a healthy pregnancy and baby.
UCSF Guidebook to your Prenatal Care: Caring for Yourself During Pregnancy
Our multidisciplinary team is committed to providing you with compassionate and expert care so that you enjoy a safe and rewarding experience. This patient guide was created to provide you with a resource that explains the many prenatal services we offer and what you may expect along your journey at UCSF.
We hope you'll turn to this guide multiple times during your pregnancy. In general, it is helpful to flip through and read this guidebook in the first trimester (after your pregnancy confirmation visit), and again in the second and third trimesters, when other parts of the guide become more relevant.
- Important Contact Information
- Your Health Care Team and Their Roles
- Beginning Your Pregnancy
- What Happens at Your Prenatal Visits
- Centering Pregnancy
- Baby's Month-to-Month Development
- Common Discomforts of Pregnancy
- Danger Signs during Pregnancy
- Tests and Other Screening in the First 3 Months of Pregnancy
- Birth Certificate Form
Obstetric Services Mother & Baby course
In this program you'll learn tools that reduce stress and promote healthy mood management.
This six (6) session course will be held over Zoom. Please ask your OB provider if you would like to know more
UCSF Postpartum: Now that you've delivered
Your resource guidebooks once you have given birth.
- Postpartum care and recovery: The first 6 weeks
- Depression during pregnancy and postpartum
- Pelvic floor exercises
- Birth control methods
- Vaccine information
- Guide to breastfeeding, including resources
- Keeping your baby in good health
- Protecting baby in the car
Follow this link for additional information on Obstetrics services and Maternal-Fetal Medicine in ObGyn & RS.